More information about Fortaleza Tequila Reposado
The Reposado of Fortaleza! Fortaleza is made by one of the great family names in the history of tequila. Fortaleza is one of the few traditionally made tequilas still using the Tahona process to grind the agaves after roasting.
Currently, there are few producers left on the market that do this (credibly and transparently documented). However, many are blends of Tahona and machine-ground agave, as the time and labor required to produce them is extremely high. The result of the production process means that each numbered bottle is unique.
Aromas and flavors
Aromas of citrus, caramel, butter, cooked agave and sage are the beginning of a pleasantly balanced and very unique taste experience. Fortaleza Reposado has its own distinctive character and is not like any other tequila.
Flavors include cooked agave, citrus, vanilla, apple, earth and cinnamon. The finish is long and rich, delicately spicy and has an oily texture that makes it a delight to drink.
- Agave: Lowland, Jalisco, Mexico.
- Cooking method: Stone/brick oven
- Crushing method: 100% Tahona
- Distillation: Double distilled
- Pot method: Copper
- Fermentation: Outdoor wooden tanks
- Sugar: 100% agave
- Water Source: Natural source
- Fortaleza's Reposado are aged for different lengths of time. From 2 to 7 months (depending on the batch number).
- Bottles: Mouth blown in Mexico